Tuesday, March 31

what art can do

The cognitive constituent illuminates, as it were, the aesthetic object from within; like a sober stream of water, it mixes with the wine of ethical tension and artistic consummation. But it is very far from condensing and solidifying to the point that it becomes a determinate judgment. Everything is recognized but not everything is identified in an adequate concept.

(Mikhail Bakhtin, PCMF, p. 287)


This is exactly what Miranda July - as Naja Maria Aidt - does to me. & in a very explicit manner. I recognize something that I didn't know existed - I am made aware of aspects of my (everyday) life that I had hereto not realized were there. And the aspects are intranslatable from the aesthetic sphere, because of the interwovenness of the ethical and epistemological constituents with aesthetic form. Still I know exactly what they are pointing to. Can one ask for more?



2 comments:

siggen said...

ja, vi kan be om mer, f.eks. at du skriver en liten artikkel om dette?
hilsen en hemmelig venn...

femiknitter said...

;)!!!